It was a complete feast for the senses at Moschino’s Pre-Fall collection, where lead hairstylist for the ghd team, Jimmy Paul, created avant-garde styles that wowed the fashion front row.
For this show we envisioned different looks, combining inspiration from the masterpieces of Fellini with natural and modern looks. With wigs varying in colour from bold and intense tones to natural nuances, we decided to create a combination of soft waves and up-dos, taking reference from films including Satyricon, 8 ½ and La Dolce Vita.
The opulent and eccentric garments and outfits on the runway were perfectly complemented by the extravagant hairstyles, turning the models in to modern muses. With these looks and the eccentric style of the brand, I wanted to take a risk. Thanks to my fantastic team and ghd’s styling products, I was able to create something unique and different for each model. ghd Platinum+ was the ultimate styling partner, helping us to craft both smooth, straight hair and waves of different dimensions, both on the hair and on the wigs. - Jimmy Paul, lead stylist
Get the Look: Natural
- Brush hair with the ghd Oval Dressing Brush (£20) and apply ghd Root Lift Spray (£12.95) on the roots to create extra volume and texture.
- To obtain a shiny, soft impactful final effect, use the ghd Platinum+ styler (£175) – the first smart styler with ultra-zone technology. Press the styler gently on the hair to create shine and maintain a natural glossy finish.
Get the Look: Extravagant Waves
- Hair was styled with the ghd curve soft curl tong (£120) to create soft, irregular and voluminous waves.
- Apply ghd Final Fix Spray (£3.95) before styling.
- Add personalised braids, curls and detailing to make your look unique.